When are you opening?
That’s a great question, and one that has an unfortunately vague response. The construction and permitting process for a bar undergoing the kind of remodel we’re doing makes things, at best, unpredictable, and at worst, total chaos. We’re doing everything we can to be open as soon as possible, but right now we’re shooting for an early/mid September opening. That’s subject to change based on a million factors, but we will keep pushing toward that timeframe and update the website/Facebook/Instagram as we know more.
How are you different than any other crafting spot?
So glad you asked! Wow, it’s like you’re reading our minds instead of us just coming up with these questions for shameless self promotion. ;-P To answer, see our list of reasons we’re cool below;
- We’re a Bar and Bottle Shop: Unlike some other crafting spots, you won’t have to bring your own wine or beer with you to sip on because it’s already right there! We’re excited to offer a variety of delicious craft beers and wines that you can order from the bar when you get your craft kit.
- Budget Friendly: We want to make crafting a bit more affordable for the average person, so our standard craft kit options will start at just $25 and go up from there. We’ll also offer free coloring books to anyone that just wants to hang out and have a drink.
- Classes Optional: Unlike many other places, we’re not offering classes (at least at the start, but see the below FAQ about classes below). We instead sell craft kits that can be purchased at the bar. Each kit has a set of instructions included with it. You can pick out your crafting project, pick out your design if the project comes with one (or freehand whatever you want) and then take it to a table for completing on your own time. Don’t worry about if you run into problems- we’ll have touch lights on the table you can tap if you get into a rut and one of our awesome craft-tastic assistants will be by to help you through.
- Variety of Crafting Options: We’re not a sign-making place, or a painting place; instead, we keep things broad, because we’re REALLY looking forward to offering a wide variety of crafts and fun seasonal activities (think pumpkin carving in October, wreath-making in December, etc).
Do I HAVE to craft while I’m at the bar?
Pfff, no. We can’t guarantee that we won’t try to convert you to the crafting occult at some point, but you’re safe if you want to come in and just color on one of our free coloring books available, or just have a beer and chat with one of our awesome staff.
How do you feel about small humans, also known as children?
We LOVE kids and absolutely welcome them to come hang out with their parents for a fun family night out. We’re planning on keeping some coloring books at the bar that are specifically for children, and we’ll likely have some kid-specific crafts worked into our seasonal offerings, such as super easy ornaments around Christmas that are geared toward kids. That being said, we remain an adult first space, and in order to keep our insurance costs and liability at a minimum, we have to ask the following:
- A waiver is required to be signed by the parent of any child in the bar that’s under the age of 14. Any child between the ages of 14 and 18 will only require that a parent be present at all times. Waivers will be provided by our helpful staff.
- Especially when it comes to young children, we ask that parents keep a close eye, as some of our projects will use nails, hammers, etc, and our staff can’t be held responsible for what kids may do with those items if and when they’re left lying around.
Will you serve food?
We are super excited to say that we are partnering with Relish to provide their homemade crackers, pimento cheese and boiled peanut hummus. If you haven’t checked out Relish in Raleigh yet, they have amazing southern cuisine and they’re just great people overall. For a bigger selection of food than that, we’re going to work on getting some food trucks to the parking lot. We’ll be posting a food truck schedule on the website as soon as we know more about who can be there and when.
What will your hours be?
We’re still figuring out our exact hours, but we’re leaning pretty heavily toward the following, at least at the start. We’ll look to expand these hours further as we get more staff and work out the classic kinks that come with being a new business.
- Monday: 2pm-10pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 2pm-10pm
- Thursday: 2pm-10pm
- Friday: 2pm-10pm
- Saturday: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday: 12pm-10pm
Will you offer classes/Can I teach an art class at your place?
Upon first opening, we won’t be offering classes, but this is absolutely something we want to do in the future after we get our stride in our core business. There are so many people out there that know awesome and fun things that we’ve never tried before. Heck, WE want to take classes in some of the subjects people have approached us about. Expect class offerings to show up on the website some 2-3 months after we open.\ If you have an interest in teaching a class, reach out to us at our main email address for inquires, email@example.com.
Can I reserve a table?
All seating in the Crafts & Drafts main space is first come, first serve. We are building an awesome private party/future classroom space that we expect to be rentable to parties on days when we don’t have classes in there. The price for renting that room is dependent on if you want a packaged deal covering all guests’ crafts, or if you just want to have a private room, so reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to come up with a great party plan. When that space is not reserved for a private party or a class, it is used as additional open seating for guests on a first come basis.
How do you feel about fur children, also known as dogs?
Dogs are awesome, but upon opening, we won’t be allowing customers to bring their dogs into the bar. It’s not that we don’t adore them; in fact, you may see our dog, Cooper the intern, meandering around on certain days. This was a difficult decision for us to make, but ultimately, we’re a crafting bar where most patrons will come wanting to concentrate on a project, and when several dogs are in a confined area, it can become a little distracting. That being said, we may do some special dog-nights where you can bring your furry friend and make them pet-specific items (chew toys, collars, etc) so stay tuned for those!