When did you open?
October 5th, baybay!
How are you different than any other crafting spot?
So glad you asked! Wow, it’s like you’re reading our minds instead of us just coming up with these questions for shameless self promotion. ;-P To answer, see our list of reasons we’re cool below;
- We’re a Bar and Bottle Shop: Unlike some other crafting spots, you won’t have to bring your own wine or beer with you to sip on because it’s already right there! We’re excited to offer a variety of delicious craft beers and wines that you can order from the bar when you get your craft kit.
- Budget Friendly: We want to make crafting a bit more affordable for the average person, so our standard craft kit options will start at just $20-$25 and go up from there. We also offer free coloring books to anyone that just wants to hang out and have a drink.
- Classes Optional: Unlike many other places, we’re not offering classes (at least at the start, but see the below FAQ about classes below). We instead sell craft kits that can be purchased at the bar. Each kit has a set of instructions included with it. You can pick out your crafting project, pick out your design if the project comes with one (or freehand whatever you want) and then take it to a table for completing on your own time. Don’t worry about if you run into problems- we’ll have touch lights on the table you can tap if you get into a rut and one of our awesome craft-tastic assistants will be by to help you through.
- Variety of Crafting Options: We’re not a sign-making place, or a painting place; instead, we keep things broad, because we’re REALLY looking forward to offering a wide variety of crafts and fun seasonal activities (think pumpkin carving in October, wreath-making in December, etc).
Do I HAVE to craft while I’m at the bar?
Pfff, no. We can’t guarantee that we won’t try to convert you to the crafting occult at some point, but you’re safe if you want to come in and just color on one of our free coloring books available, or just have a beer and chat with one of our awesome staff.
Can I bring my own craft?
You most certainly can! If you have a self-contained craft, it’s no charge. If you need to use our materials, we charge a $10 materials fee.
Can I use your materials but bring in my own canvas, pumpkin for carving, etc?
You can! We do ask that you pay a $10 materials fee to do so, though.
How do you feel about small humans, also known as children?
We LOVE kids and absolutely welcome them to come hang out with their parents for a fun family night out. We have some coloring books at the bar that are specifically for children, and we’ll likely have some kid-specific crafts worked into our seasonal offerings, such as super easy ornaments around Christmas that are geared toward kids. That being said, we remain an adult first space, and in order to keep our insurance costs and liability at a minimum, we have to ask the following:
- A waiver is required to be signed by the parent of any child in the bar that’s under the age of 13. Any child between the ages of 13 and 18 will only require that a parent be present at all times. Waivers will be provided by our helpful staff.
- Especially when it comes to young children, we ask that parents keep a close eye, as some of our projects will use hammers, miniatures, wire cutters, etc. and we haven’t ‘child-proofed’ anything. It’s all very much within reach, because this place was designed for adults.
Do you serve food?
We partner with Relish to provide their homemade crackers, pimento cheese and boiled peanut hummus, each for $10. If you haven’t checked out Relish in Raleigh yet, they have amazing southern cuisine and they’re just great people overall. For a bigger selection of food than that, we’re going to work on getting some food trucks to the bar as soon as we’re busy enough to warrant having them come out. We’ll be posting a food truck schedule on the website when we know more about who can be there and when.
Can I bring my own food?
What are your hours?
- Monday: 4pm-10pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 4pm-10pm
- Thursday: 4pm-10pm
- Friday: 4pm-10pm
- Saturday: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday: 12pm-9pm
Note: We will also be closed on major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day). We also reserve the right to close early on nights that are slow.
Will you offer classes/Can I teach an art class at your place?
We don’t currently offer classes, but this is absolutely something we want to do in the future after we get our stride in our core business. There are so many people out there that know awesome and fun things that we’ve never tried before. Heck, WE want to take classes in some of the subjects people have approached us about. Expect class offerings to show up on the website a few months after we open.\ If you have an interest in teaching a class, reach out to us at our main email address for inquires, email@example.com.
Can I reserve a table?
All seating in the Crafts & Drafts main space is first come, first serve. We have built an awesome private party/future classroom space that we rent to parties on days when we don’t have classes in there. The price for renting that room is dependent on if you want a packaged deal covering all guests’ crafts, or if you just want to have a private room, so reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work with you to come up with a great party plan. When that space is not reserved for a private party or a class, it is used as additional open seating for guests.
How do you feel about fur children, also known as dogs?
Dogs are awesome, but unfortunately, we don’t allow customers to bring their dogs into the bar. It’s not that we don’t adore them; in fact, you may see our dog, Cooper the intern, meandering around on certain days. This was a difficult decision for us to make, but ultimately, we’re a crafting bar where most patrons will come wanting to concentrate on a project, and when several dogs are in a confined area, it can become a little distracting. That being said, we may do some special dog-nights where you can bring your furry friend and make them pet-specific items (chew toys, collars, etc) so stay tuned for those!