Are you open during the Covid-19 Quarantine?
Yes, we are, but during limited hours. It just didn’t make sense for us to be open our normal hours when we’re limited in how many people we can have indoors. That said, we’re happy to get you set up with an awesome beer and/or craft kit, either to-go with curbside, or come inside and enjoy yourself in our fabulous new space (as of June 11). See the hours below that we’re open for Curbside AND Indoor Crafting/Drinking:
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 4pm-8pm
- Friday: 4pm-8pm
- Saturday: 12pm-8pm
- Sunday: 1pm-6pm
When did you open?
October 5th, baybay!
How do you differ from other crafting spots like Wine & Design?
So glad you asked! Wow, it’s like you’re reading our minds instead of us just coming up with these questions for shameless self promotion.;-P To answer, see our list of reasons we’re cool below;
- We’re a Bar and Bottle Shop: Unlike some other crafting spots, you won’t have to bring your own wine or beer with you to sip on because it’s already right here! We’re excited to offer a variety of delicious craft beers and wines that you can order from the bar when you get your craft kit.
- Budget Friendly: We want to make crafting a bit more affordable for the average person, so our standard craft kit options start at just $20-$25 and go up from there. We also offer free adult coloring books to anyone that just wants to hang out and have a drink.
- Classes Optional: Unlike many other places, our class offerings are entirely optional. Instead of classes, we sell craft kits that can be purchased at the bar. Each kit has a set of instructions included with it. You can pick out your crafting project, pick out your design if the project comes with one (or freehand whatever you want) and then take it to a table for completing on your own time. Don’t worry about if you run into problems- we’ll have touch lights on the table you can tap if you get into a rut and one of our awesome craft-tastic assistants will be by to help you through.
- Variety of Crafting Options: We’re not a sign-making place, or a painting place; instead, we keep things broad, because we REALLY love offering a wide variety of crafts and fun seasonal activities (think pumpkin carving in October, wreath-making in December, blanket making in January, etc).
Can I buy a craft and take it home instead of doing it at the bar?
Most of them, yes. We’ve adjusted many of our crafts to be able to offer a take-home version of it while the coronavirus pandemic is at large. There are a couple, like wood burning, though, that continue to only be offered on site. Take a look at our menu of crafts for notes on what is available to-go.
Do I HAVE to craft while I’m at the bar?
Pfff, no. We can’t guarantee that we won’t try to convert you to the crafting occult at some point, but you’re safe if you want to come in and just color on one of our free coloring books available, or just have a beer and chat with one of our awesome staff.
Can I bring my own craft?
You most certainly can! If you have a self-contained craft, like knitting, it’s no charge. If you need to use our materials (paints, wood burning pens, etc), we charge a $10 materials fee.
Can I use your materials but bring in my own canvas, pumpkin for carving, etc?
You can! We do ask that you pay a $10 materials fee to do so, though.
How do you feel about small humans, also known as children?
We LOVE kids and absolutely welcome them to come hang out with their parents for a fun family night out. We have some coloring books at the bar that are specifically for children, and we occasionally have some crafts worked into our seasonal offerings, such as super easy ornaments around Christmas that are geared toward kids. That being said, we remain an adult first space, and in order to keep our insurance costs and liability at a minimum, we have to ask the following:
- A waiver may be requested of parents for any child under the age of 13 and that a parent remain present at all times. Any child between the ages of 13 and 18 will only require that a parent be present at all times. Waivers will be provided by our helpful staff.
- Especially when it comes to young children that are smart enough to walk but not yet smart enough to not grab everything in sight, we ask that parents keep a VERY close eye. Some of our projects use wood burning pens, small screws, miniatures, wire cutters, etc. and we haven’t ‘child-proofed’ anything. It’s all very much within reach, because this place was designed for adults.
- We don’t yet have a diaper changing table, but it’s something we hope to add to one of the stalls soon. Just FYI
Do you do children’s birthday parties?
Depends on the age of the children, really. While we successfully have parents bring younger kids in all the time, it’s different when you have a large group of kids in the space. Even the most well behaved 5 year olds can start acting like gremlins when their friends are around and they’re trying to impress them. For that reason, we’ve decided that we’re not going to host kids birthday parties for any children under the age of 7, and even then, we request all children’s parties are to be on Saturdays and Sundays before 4pm. The one exception to that is if it’s a party for a 1 year old where it’s really a bunch of adults getting together to have beers and watch a baby tear apart a cake (who doesn’t love that??). Going back to our FAQ about having kids in the bar in general, if you want to bring in your 6 year old to celebrate their birthday with a small gathering, that’s totally fine. It’s really just the ‘large group of kids getting together for cake and ice cream’ aspect that we’re not able to help with.
Do you serve food?
We partner with Relish to provide their homemade pimento cheese and boiled peanut hummus, each served with their homemade crackers for $10. If you haven’t checked out Relish in Raleigh yet, they have amazing southern cuisine and they’re just great people overall (also another woman-owned business, whoo!). For a bigger selection of food than that, we are working on getting some food trucks to the bar as soon as we’re busy enough to guarantee them the business they’re looking for. We’ll be posting a food truck schedule on the website when we know more about who can be there and when.
Can I bring my own food?
What are your normal hours (when the world isn’t in pandemic mode)?
- Monday: 4pm-10pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 4pm-10pm
- Thursday: 4pm-10pm
- Friday: 4pm-10pm
- Saturday: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday: 12pm-9pm
Note: We will also be closed on major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day). We also reserve the right to close early on nights that are slow.
Do you offer classes/Can I teach an art class at your place?
Yes you can! We host artists from the community to teach classes on weeknights in the private party space when we don’t have other parties booked. We do not currently charge a fee, unless you need to use our materials, but we do encourage the independent artists to have the attendees purchase beer and/or snacks from us. The private party space seats a maximum of 18 adults, but if a lot of room is needed for the craft, we’d recommend the max class number be smaller. Here are the steps to teaching a class with us:
- Email email@example.com and let us know what you want to teach and the dates/times of weeknights you’re available.
- Once we’ve settled with you on a class, date, and time, create a Facebook event page with Crafts & Drafts NC as the cohost, and create an Eventbrite page for ticket sales. Link the two by adding the ticket link to the Facebook event page. Email us the links as well so that we can add them to our website.
- Show up to teach the class and that’s it!
Note that if we receive complaints about the class or if we have issues working with someone, we reserve the right to refuse hosting future classes.
Can I reserve a table?
Yes and no. Seating in the main area is generally on a first come, first serve basis. We do appreciate a heads up about larger groups (generally 7 or more) and will do what we can to ensure there’s space for your party when you arrive, but if you are requesting that we reserve a table for your group, then we may ask you to meet a minimum to ensure it’s worth the risk of us losing out on giving it to other customers. We do have a private party space in the back that seats a maximum of 18 adults, and there are minimums we request people meet in order for us to reserve it ($15/person for weeknights and $25/person for Saturday/Sunday). These prices are subject to change based on demand.
Do you offer gift cards?
Yep! You do have to come into the bar to pick it up, though as we do not have an online purchase option.
Do you allow dogs?
Dogs are allowed on our outdoor patio, but we do request that they remain there. People may be wood burning inside and we don’t want to put any fur babies at risk. We also want to be respectful of any customers that come indoors that may have allergies.