When did you open?
October 5th, baybay!
How do you differ from other crafting spots like Wine & Design?
So glad you asked! Wow, it’s like you’re reading our minds instead of us just coming up with these questions for shameless self promotion.;-P To answer, see our list of reasons we’re cool below;
- We’re a Bar and Bottle Shop: Unlike some other crafting spots, you won’t have to bring your own wine or beer with you to sip on because it’s already right here! We’re excited to offer a variety of delicious craft beers and wines that you can order from the bar when you get your craft kit.
- Budget Friendly: We want to make crafting a bit more affordable for the average person, so our standard craft kit options start at just $20-$25 and go up from there. We also offer free adult coloring books to anyone that just wants to hang out and have a drink.
- Classes Optional: Unlike many other places, our class offerings are entirely optional. Instead of classes, we sell craft kits that can be purchased at the bar. Each kit has a set of instructions included with it. You can pick out your crafting project, pick out your design if the project comes with one (or freehand whatever you want) and then take it to a table for completing on your own time. Don’t worry about if you run into problems- we’ll have touch lights on the table you can tap if you get into a rut and one of our awesome craft-tastic assistants will be by to help you through.
- Variety of Crafting Options: We’re not a sign-making place, or a painting place; instead, we keep things broad, because we REALLY love offering a wide variety of crafts and fun seasonal activities (think pumpkin carving in October, wreath-making in December, blanket making in January, etc).
Can I buy a craft and take it home instead of doing it at the bar?
Some of them, yes, but most of our kits are meant to be completed on site. We have stations dedicated to wood burning, glass etching, etc where you’ll find most of your materials for those projects, and we have not yet started providing a ‘take home’ option. Craft kits we get from other sources (cross stitch, embroidered necklace) and a couple of our kits can be taken home, though.
Do I HAVE to craft while I’m at the bar?
Pfff, no. We can’t guarantee that we won’t try to convert you to the crafting occult at some point, but you’re safe if you want to come in and just color on one of our free coloring books available, or just have a beer and chat with one of our awesome staff.
Can I bring my own craft?
You most certainly can! If you have a self-contained craft, like knitting, it’s no charge. If you need to use our materials (paints, wood burning pens, etc), we charge a $10 materials fee.
Can I use your materials but bring in my own canvas, pumpkin for carving, etc?
You can! We do ask that you pay a $10 materials fee to do so, though.
How do you feel about small humans, also known as children?
We LOVE kids and absolutely welcome them to come hang out with their parents for a fun family night out. We have some coloring books at the bar that are specifically for children, and we occasionally have some crafts worked into our seasonal offerings, such as super easy ornaments around Christmas that are geared toward kids. That being said, we remain an adult first space, and in order to keep our insurance costs and liability at a minimum, we have to ask the following:
- A waiver may be requested of parents for any child under the age of 13 and that a parent remain present at all times. Any child between the ages of 13 and 18 will only require that a parent be present at all times. Waivers will be provided by our helpful staff.
- Especially when it comes to young children that are smart enough to walk but not yet smart enough to not grab everything in sight, we ask that parents keep a VERY close eye. Some of our projects use wood burning pens, small screws, miniatures, wire cutters, etc. and we haven’t ‘child-proofed’ anything. It’s all very much within reach, because this place was designed for adults.
- We don’t yet have a diaper changing table, but it’s something we hope to add to one of the stalls soon. Just FYI
Do you serve food?
We partner with Relish to provide their homemade pimento cheese and boiled peanut hummus, each served with their homemade crackers for $10. If you haven’t checked out Relish in Raleigh yet, they have amazing southern cuisine and they’re just great people overall. For a bigger selection of food than that, we are working on getting some food trucks to the bar as soon as we’re busy enough to guarantee them the business they’re looking for. We’ll be posting a food truck schedule on the website when we know more about who can be there and when.
Can I bring my own food?
What are your hours?
- Monday: 4pm-10pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 4pm-10pm
- Thursday: 4pm-10pm
- Friday: 4pm-10pm
- Saturday: 12pm-10pm
- Sunday: 12pm-9pm
Note: We will also be closed on major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Day). We also reserve the right to close early on nights that are slow.
Do you offer classes/Can I teach an art class at your place?
We don’t currently offer classes, but this is absolutely something we want to do in the future after we get our stride in our core business. There are so many people out there that know awesome and fun things that we’ve never tried before. Heck, WE want to take classes in some of the subjects people have approached us about. Expect class offerings to show up on the website a few months after we open.\ If you have an interest in teaching a class, reach out to us at our main email address for inquires, email@example.com.
Can I reserve a table?
Yes and no. Seating in the main area is generally on a first come, first serve basis. We do appreciate a heads up about larger groups (generally 7 or more) and will do what we can to ensure there’s space for your party when you arrive, but if you are requesting that we reserve a table for your group, then we may ask you to meet a minimum to ensure it’s worth the risk of us losing out on giving it to other customers. We do have a private party space in the back that seats 18, and there are minimums we request people meet in order for us to block it off ($20/person for weeknights and $25/person for weekends).
Do you offer gift cards?
Hell to the yes! You do have to come into the bar to pick it up, though as we do not have an online purchase option.
How do you feel about fur babies, aka dogs?
Dogs are awesome, but unfortunately, we don’t allow customers to bring their dogs into the bar. It’s not that we don’t adore them; in fact, you may see our dog, Cooper the intern, meandering around on certain days. This was a difficult decision for us to make, but ultimately, we’re a crafting bar where people are using high heat tools and chemicals, so bringing dogs that might get rowdy into the space revealed itself to be a bad idea. That being said, we may do some special dog-nights where you can bring your furry friend and make them pet-specific items (chew toys, collars, etc), and we’re also planning on eventually having a patio space out back that will be dog friendly.